Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Snacks

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter!  We sure did.  Ham dinner with lots of veggies, some family over, church, egg hunt in the back yard.  Good times.  Now it's back to the daily grind. Are you ready to get baking?


Grab your apron, it's time to bake some snacks!

So we have made a commitment to cutting out the processed foods in our life.  But does that mean we can no longer snack?  All that crunchy, salty, yummy stuff that is not good for me is just sooooo tempting!  So my choices are go without altogether or make it myself.  The bonus is that in forcing myself to make them from scratch, I automatically reduce my intake because let's face it, there are days when the last thing I want to do is cook or bake something.  (Yes, I said it.  Even though I LOVE cooking/baking I don't always want to do it.)

I'm still experimenting but here are four of my favorites so far.  Click on the titles under the pictures for recipes.  As with most recipes I find, I usually try to substitute unbleached flour, coconut oil or EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) where ever I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment