Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Welcome to Sports Bras and Aprons

Welcome to Sports Bras and Aprons! Go ahead and take a look around.  You can even use the search tool if you are looking for something specific.  Thanks for visiting my blog!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's with your crazy blog name?

I was doing some laundry today while the kids were playing around and I realized that I seem to fold a lot of things several times a week.  Of course there is the normal shirt after shirt after pants after pants that the kids have rolled around in the dirt but as for myself, I seem to have a lot of sports bras and aprons.  That's because at this point in my life I feel I'm a pretty active person and I love to cook.  The name seemed like a clever little blog title and at first it was going to be just a silly post on my family blog page.  But as I got to thinking about it I thought, why not start a health and wellness blog?  I know I am not the first by far to blog about exercise and eating healthy, nor am I an expert by any means. Maybe no one will care that much, but I have a passion stirring in me and I need an outlet.  Some place to share my new food recipes, ways to keep my family active, and inspirational encouragement I've received and would love to share.

I am a follower of Christ Jesus and as such I have been convicted recently to take care of the body that He has given me - Physically, Mentally, and Spiritually.  I love the verse in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.  It says, 

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

These are such POWERFUL words!  The Holy Spirit lives in ME.  And you or anyone who has accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior.  The context of this verse may be in regards to sexual sin but I believe it applies to health and wellness too.  I want to take care of my body to honor and glorify God.  We were bought at a great price.  Jesus died on the cross for me and no longer lives in a temple where few will ever enter his presence.  He lives in US.  In our hearts and minds and souls and bodies.  

Ladies, this blog is especially for you.  Mostly because I can relate as a busy mom, a wife, and a woman who just wants to feel good about myself inside and out.  I am only beginning my nutrition journey so I invite you to come along for the ride.  I know lots of people who are years ahead of me and if you are one of them I salute you!  Please feel free to comment or email me links, or recipes of your own!  I hope to be an encouragement and if nothing else, to be able to look back and remind myself of how blessed I am and how to be a good steward of the gifts God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment