Thursday, March 21, 2013

Taking care of YOU


I have recently come across an old sermon series that Pastor Chad Bruegman from Red Rocks Church did about overall health of our bodies - mind, body and spirit.  It is a truly wonderful sermon series and I encourage you to listen/watch them if you get a chance.  Especially the second one in the four part series regarding the body.  Here are links to these awesome sermons if you are interested:

God is a Neat Freak
You: Body
You: Mind
You: Spirit

The thing that stood out to me the most was the idea of eating as an act of worship.  A challenge was issued to eat what God has made for us.  To fuel our bodies with what God created as a way of glorifying Him.  We have been trying to get rid of many processed foods in our house.  There are tons of great nutritional documentaries out there with loads of information on the side effects of eating chemically made, man-made, foods.  It's a process for us.  One we are working towards one step at a time.  This point of view has made me love to cook even more.  As I stir in the ingredients one whole food at a time, I think of just how amazing God's creation is.

I hope you enjoyed the sermons.  Food recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment