Here's what I love about these:
- It saves money. I do not have to buy as many wipes - or at least I don't go through disposable wipes as fast anymore. I usually use the cloth at home and disposable when I'm out and about.
- It's a great way to re-purpose baby blankets that I had an abundance of and that Chloe grew out of. The smaller flannel type material ones worked great.
- They are easy to sew. Really. I'm a beginner - as in this was my first sewing project.
- Actually, you don't even need to sew them if you don't want to. They do unravel but hey, you're using them on your baby's bootie so who cares if you have to eventually throw it away?
- I can control what goes ON my baby wipes instead of a list of chemicals used to keep them moist.
- I like them thin and about the same size as a disposable wipe so I can fold and use them just the same.
I have another post coming soon about the solution that I use on my wipes so stay tuned! Here is how I make, fold, and use my homemade cloth wipes.